Sustainability and Quality Management Engineer
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in industrial or Chemical Engineering, Material or Environmental Engineering/Science, or similar, relevant qualification.
Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Employment type: Permanent
Years’ experience: 3-5 years of industry experience in ISO and environmental compliance process preferably in optical or electronic industry.
Looking for an ISO & Product Environmental Engineer – RoHS & REACH. This position will provide support in implementing product related environmental requirements. It requires a thorough understanding of international environmental regulations and a solid material knowledge.
• Lead the implementation of Company’s Sustainability and Environmental Policy;
• Serve as a resource on all environmental regulatory matters and regulatory reporting
o Customer requests for CMRT (Conflict Minerals Reporting Template)
o Completion of RoHS, REACH, Prop65, etc declarations and reports;
• Identify industry changes that affect’s Company’s policies and customer requirements;
• Point of contact for Company’s customers and suppliers on sustainability and environmental
• Provide support to customers on environmental issues as needed;
• Establish and sustain the necessary database to meet and support customer requirements;
• Facilitate audits and compliance due diligence;
• Request and review suppliers’ material declarations, technical specifications and test reports
to prove material, component and assembly compliance;
• Material declaration data entry into database;
• Review product engineering changes on their product compliance impact;
• Analyse Bills of Materials of various products, issue material declarations and certificates of
compliance for customers;
• Manage projects to collect material declarations from suppliers;
• Keep up to date and provide updates on environmental compliance legislation in Asia;
• Lead processes to ensure that environmental requirements are executed;
• Cross functional interactions with various teams (Sales, Environmental Compliance,
Commodity and R&D, Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturers);
• ISO Processes and procedures implement & maintain;
• Training of workers on ISO.
• Bachelor degree in Industrial or Chemical Engineering, Material or Environmental Engineering/Science, or similar, relevant experience.
• Knowledge of environmental compliance regulations and standards affecting electronic products (China RoHS, EU RoHS, REACH, WEEE, Conflict Minerals).
• 3 -5 years of industry experience in ISO and environmental compliance process preferably in optical or electronic industry
• Familiar with manufacturing environment
• Proficiency in MS Office, MS Outlook, Web applications
• Strong organization skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to multitask
• Knowledge of Agile and familiarity with RBA requirements is highly preferred
It is a rewarding position in that the candidate will be exposed to an international customer base working for a proudly South African high-technology company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Western Cape, South Africa