Producer and Project Manager (Video)
Producer and Project Manager (Video)
A dynamic data driven Video Company is looking for a Producer and Project Manager to join their team in the Southern Suburbs in Cape Town.
The successful candidate must have:
- +-5 years of experience in related industries
- Video production experience, preferably within online, social or corporate environment
- Project management qualifications or experience beneficial
- History of high performance, rapid promotion and academic achievement
- Strong cognitive ability
Role requirements for Producer and Project Manager
The ideal candidate will have experience across all aspects of video production, managing teams and scheduling work flows according to deadlines. The business is entering a growth phase and this candidate will need to assist in streamlining process and implementing production structures as the business scales. If you are looking for an exciting challenge in the future of data and technology driven video communications and is someone who inspires others with their thirst for excellence and demonstrates consistently high quality work this opportunity is for you.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Workflow and timing management (familiarity with Trello is a bonus)
- Task allocation across the team
- Video ‘Go Live’ schedule management
- Shoot schedule management and co-ordination with external teams
- Shoot team briefings
- Pre-production phase document prep and creative involvement
- Closing the feedback loop with external teams and reporting back with feedback post shoots
- Product and shoot logistics management
- Budgets and recons
- Sourcing and expanding production teams as the workflow increases. This will include teams in other countries/cities.
About the company
The company‘s mission is to use data and technology to create content people truly care about. Through our data stack and deep understanding of social video, we are building a unique type of company that connects with millions of people every day and gives them content to share with those who matter most to them.
We specialise in highly sharable social videos. Our tech is exceptional and as a result, 49 of the 50 most viral videos in SA marketing history come from our technology. Founded by a team of ex-Google and online video experts. Backed by the world’s very best Venture Capitalists. Powered by a world class team. Driven by the desire to build the world’s best audience attention engine and then use that engine to make the world a better place.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following behavioural characteristics:
- You will be great at creating clarity and implementing process – our work product is truly exceptional! It’s also complex with many components. Managing all the moving parts simultaneously is critical!
- You will be super passionate about the intersection between production, project management with a deep interest in the positive impact social media can have on the world.
- You will be enthusiastic and inspired about the work you do and things which interest you and people around you feel and gravitate towards this inspiration.
- You will be confident – You will be at ease engaging with the team and managing deadlines across departments.
- You will be an expert problem solver. Always looking for a way to get it done!
- Highly adaptive – Speed, flexibility and quick thinking are key to the continued success of our business it’s important that you are inspired by what the future holds and are excited to run towards it.
- You are always looking for ways to improve your own work product and those around you.
- You have a love for all things food related!
- You are great to work with – You will be positive, kind and friendly and slow to get frustrated, quick to praise and energetic.
Salary (relative to experience) R20-R25K per month
Cape Town, South Africa