Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions that save lives. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, Jhpiego builds health providers’ skills and develops systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women, men and their families.
Jhpiego provides its employees with a challenging professional environment that encourages innovative thinking and taking personal initiatives.
Our work culture is reflected in our team spirit, transparent communication, mutual respect, flexibility, and dedication.
We are seeking two (2) HR Assistants who will support the HR department on a fixed term basis until 30 Sep 2019 and will be coming to support the HR department at a very busy time.
The HR Assistants will be responsible for providing HR administrative support on a day-to day basis. They will contribute to the development and maintenance of the HR function and support the HR Team in providing a comprehensive HR service to managers, employees and other stakeholders.
- Certificate or relevant qualification in Human Resources Management, Administration or related field
- 2–3 years relevant HR working experience as a generalist and handling high volumes of admin related work.
- At least 1 year experience managing end-to-end staff recruitment processes
- Experience working in a highly pressurized environment.
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
- Experience working of HR Information Management Systems
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal diplomatically with all staff and external stakeholders.
- Able to work collectively with fellow team members
- End-to-End Recruitment administration support to the HR team;
- Employment contract compliance administration;
- Maintenance of personal files and filing system, electronic or otherwise;
- Production of standard documents and routine correspondence;
- Upkeep of employee electronic records including recording and checking;
- Data inputting, message taking and reception of the HR department;
- Team support with daily copying, typing, scanning, systematic and coordinated collection and delivery of internal correspondence and paper management;
- Setting up meeting schedules as requested by the HR team and taking minutes;
- Day to day administrative duties to support the whole team
- Compliance with the Health and Safety Policies, reporting any matters of concern to the Representatives or line manager.
- Any other tasks assigned from time-to-time by the HR Director;
You will be joining the organisation during a very busy period and will at times be required to work overtime and weekends.
We are looking for an individual who will hit the ground running and who will require minimal training.
Strong attention to detail, organisation and time management skills are key components of the job.
Our People and clients are our valuable assets, as such you need to be able to deal with them sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
There will be no relocation support. As such, applicants who live within the Durban area or who will not require relocation assistance are encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgent requirement to fill the role, candidates who are immediately available will be more at an advantage.
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Applications are invited from suitably qualified, competent and experienced candidates.
Applications close on 14 June 2019 and must be sent to email@example.com
Jhpiego reserves the right to close this position before the specified closing date, to withdraw the advert or not to fill the post.
Durban, South Africa
14 Jun 2019