Field Maintenance Technician
Field Maintenance Technician
The Field Maintenance Technician’s primary responsibility is the installation and troubleshooting of CNC equipment, and ensuring Planned Maintenance (PM) procedures are completed. The technician will also support the documentation of PM procedures and support the organizational achievement of safety, quality, and productivity goals.
The machine types may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- CO2 and fiber laser cutting and engraving machines
- CNC Routers
- Vinyl cutters
- Heat Presses
- ECO Solvent and UV printers
- Program input/output, maintain and repair CNC manufacturing equipment and facilities using knowledge of computer numerical control processes.
- Install, troubleshoot issues, repair and maintain machines (hardware and software). A basic understanding of the operating software for the various machines is an important part of the job – but will be taught if required.
- Troubleshoot electronics and software on electrical and mechanical systems.
- Use machine manuals, technical documents, schematics and internal and vendor resources to research machine issues.
- Identify and replace faulty parts as necessary.
- Complete testing and adjustments of parts as needed, amongst others the adjustment of optical beam paths on laser machines and fine tuning for peak performance.
- Complete planned and preventative procedures.
- Work based on a sense of urgency to minimize machine downtime and promoting good customer service.
- Provide first line training for the client operators who run the machines.
- Maintain and organize machine and maintenance data so that it can be used by others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read operational manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions and troubleshooting guides.
- Knowledge of CNC machine design and operation.
- Demonstrated high degree of industrial mechanical knowledge, operational software, and electrical aptitude and repair abilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical test equipment, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with CO2 and Fiber Laser machinery would be an advantage.
- Interpersonal – Promotes a positive atmosphere for a cohesive and proactive working environment.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions and requests: able to effectively communicate problems and solutions to team members and customers.
- Team Work – Shares information with supervisor and other team members in a manner that is understandable.
- Quality – Accepts responsibility for the quality output and uptime of the equipment; actively participates and suggests improvement to management where possible.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports and or corrects potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
- Remains flexible in work assignments and shifts.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, stand, walk, bend/stoop on a regular basis.
Education and Abilities Requirements
- Matric certificate
- Skilled Trade Certification preferred
- Ability to multitask job duties effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Reading, writing (effective written and verbal communication) skills and general math skills
- Ability to work effectively in a group (Team) environment
- Attention to detail
George, Western Cape, South Africa