Embroidery machine operator
Khulanathi textile is co-operation garments manufacturing factory business that is located in East of Johannesburg, Our mission: to create employment, expand South African clothing labels and branding. To encourage entrepreneurship and grow local business into national business and/ or grow even further internationally. To provide training and skills to the communities.
Applicant must be located in Katlehong, Johannesburg East, Gauteng.
An embroidery machine operator make sure that industrial sized machines are properly set up, calibrated and run to fulfill work orders. must have the skill to perform a variety of duties to ensure that the end product is of high quality, and meets the standards that are set for it.
Working as an embroidery machine operator means that you will need to be able to perform troubleshooting and minor repair work on the machines assigned to you. In addition to this, you will be responsible for both preventative and regular maintenance of the machines that you work on.
A high school diploma (or a GED equivalent).
An apprenticeship program or training required,
This is highly skilled work and requires the individual performing it to be diligent, well-organized, and exceptionally talented with thread work.
must be able to follow set instructions and work in a time-efficient manner.
Obtain work orders from supervisors to determine the type and design of embroidery designs
• Confer with customers to obtain any specific instructions on embroidery work and patterns
• Select the right type of materials to perform embroidery on, in accordance with the specifications provided on the work order
• Calibrate and set up embroidery machines at the beginning of each shift, to ensure that it works according to standards during the day
• Select the right type and color of threads and ensure that they are properly threaded in machine needles
• Hoop garments and fabric properly and set it under the needle to perform embroidery patterns
• Select the right type and size of embroidery stencil to use for each design and ensure that any ragged edges are cleaned away
• Mount needles, blades and pattern plates onto embroidery machines and ensure that they are properly disconnected and cleaned after each job
• Perform both preventative and regular maintenance on embroidery machines to ensure that they remain in good working order
email your CV, and certified ID copy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Katlehong, Ekurhuleni, Gauteng,South Africa
02 Apr 2019