Design position available at Jetline Rivonia in Johannesburg, knowledge of Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and In-Design essential. Please email short design portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (attention Ryan), only shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview. Salary offering is a gross of R7000 per month and offer is a fixed term contract, extension may be possible should work load allow. Closing date for applications is 31st August 2020.
- Tertiary qualification in graphic design with a diploma or degree (this is negotiable and requirement can be waivered depending on candidates experience within the design field).
- 2-3 years experience in graphic design.
- Any part or design work or courses, advertising or marketing work, publishing or printing work, typographical work.
- Experience in the Digital products and Services retail industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems, Strong graphic experience and good content layout
- Basic knowledge of the commercial printing industry is an advantage.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Be able to create and design based on customer’s instructions and briefs.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of the following design applications:
- Corel Graphics Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite (all versions, consisting of Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Enfocus InstantPDF for creation of certified PDFs and preflight reports.
- Maintain an optimum knowledge of all our facilities available to the client in order to advise, brief and liaise when necessary. There is a pre-press manual that you would be expected to learn before starting your employment, on-site training will also be provided in this regard.
- Ensure that the customer feels the service provided by the designer is professional and specialized.
- Ensures that the customer is always handled with care and patience.
- Offer a creative design and layout to suit all customers’ needs.
- Implementing and maintaining a deadline specific production schedule.
- Maintain Timesheets as well as work registers.
- Manage and track chargeable time spent on designs for customers.
- Maintain the prescribed graphic designers’ workflow as set out in by procedure.
- Manage and work with digital graphics to ensure printing stays true to the design.
DTP work load will be substantial, you will essentially be preparing customers files to Jetline standard before sending them for print
Rivonia Junction, Sandton, Johannesburg
31 Aug 2020