Design & Engineering – Mechanical Engineer
Execz® Executive Placements
Design & Engineering – Mechanical Engineer
SOUTH-AFRICAN MALES ONLY!!!
Saudi Arabia (Applicant must reside in Gauteng)
Type of Business:
R 10 000 to R 37 400p.m
To provide effective and timely maintenance solutions for ensuring world class reliability and availability of rotating and stationary assets in MPC plants. To pro-actively maintain and continuously improve systems, plant and assets to meet Health, Safety & Environment standards, Industry standards and Production requirements.
- Must hold a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed University.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Design & Detailed engineering of Pressure vessels, Heat exchangers, Storage tanks, Furnaces, Boilers, Turbines, Pumps, Conveyors, Stacks, Piping layout, Materials, HVAC etc.
- Candidate should be proficient with various Engineering software’s like PVElite, Compress, CAESAR II, ANSYS, and Micro Station etc.
- Verifiable Experience in the fields of Phosphate Mining, Fertilizer & Oil/Gas/Petrochemical industry.
- Candidates having prior experience in Brownfield & Greenfield projects preferred.
- Candidate should be able to develop Scope of work, engineering drawings/specification/data sheets, Bill of Materials etc. required for expansion projects.
- Familiar with the preparation & review of Invitation to Bid (ITB) for plant equipment and services & perform Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Candidate shall have prior experience in providing Design solutions for trouble-shooting of running plants, Shutdown support, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for failures, HAZOP, Risk Assessment etc.
- Familiarity with International codes & standards like ASME, BPVC, TEMA, AD Merkblatter, PD5500, ASCE etc.
- Take up detailed studies and investigations to eliminate chronic issues and bad actors affecting rotating and stationary assets in plants. Keep tracking the recommendations until completion of implementation.
- Improves mechanical equipment reliability and availability through the implementation of Reliability Engineering principles, techniques and tools, such as Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), Risk Based Maintenance (RBM) and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
- Coordinates with Maintenance and Operations Departments to discuss, develop, review and manage mechanical asset maintenance and reliability strategies.
- Contributes to the development of Predictive and Preventative Maintenance strategies and procedures for all mechanical equipment, and provide technical expertise for maintenance activities, standards and procedures.
- Field visits in relation to machinery health audits. Attend periodic meetings with plant operation and maintenance personnel to discuss chronic issues and bad actors resolution.
- Provide technical assistance and trouble-shooting support for major issues with mechanical assets, and ensure that all maintenance activities and procedures are aligned with reliability requirements.
- Ensures keeping, maintaining and updating a database of all historical data pertaining to mechanical equipment failures, and assist in analysing failure data and preparing reliability report.
- Communicates and coordinates with vendors and experts for study and recommendations on specific problems related to plant machinery ageing or special machinery problems.
- Monitor maintenance strategy and history in Oracle, analyse chronic failures and recommend right action to all concerned groups to improve the system/asset performance.
- Monitors critical asset performance indicators and initiate actions for improvement through reliability study.
- Participates and ensure quality of jobs performed in turnaround and major shutdown maintenance activities. Review the scope of work for major turnarounds during planning stage.
- Review and evaluate reliability metrics for trends, deviations or indications that improvement actions are required and initiate response and changes to negative trends.
- Provide technical advice with regards to searching for and preparing new mechanical equipment proposals, and review equipment specifications, documents and drawings from reliability perspective.
- Work closely with other reliability sections to determine and predict mechanical equipment components’ life using appropriate reliability tools, such as Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Mean time between failures (MTBF) and Mean Time To Failure (MTTF), to ensure extended operating life of mechanical equipment.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of mechanical maintenance and reliability.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Section Head of Reliability Support section.